Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Pagemap special

If you know me, you will know I don't normally do 'clean lines' scrap booking, but yet I am a fan when I see it done! I think "why don't I scrap like that??"
With the help of a pagemap sketch I decided to give it a go, using some more of my Studio Calico "Cotillion" kit. I have to say, I have made another four layouts tonight and so this kit is now history, apart from a few pieces, but I have loved working with it!

The photo's I chose for this layout are some that have been hanging around for ages. One of the nearest places to shop for me is York and suddenly one day, I decided to take along my camera and snap away. It's true what they say, that when you are familiar with things, you don't always appreciate what's on your doorstep!
I am in love with this basic Grey alphabet and I enjoyed the subtle stitching too. I think the timber framed buildings in the photo's go well with the dark background and yet again I used that mini frame stamp and it fits the yellow Woodware square punch outs perfectly! I used 3D foam pads to give them height. I had to really sit on my hands, to stop myself from carrying on and adding more, but as an experiment for me I was happy! What, no twine??? I must be slipping! Lol! TFLx

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great photos and a fab LO CC. I love York - used to be one of the places for our school trips and my Aunt still lives there.
Sue xx

Denise said...

Another wonderful layout! I am impressed you used up a kit. Very impressed. Way to go!

sue-bubbles said...

Oh I really do like this layout CC, very rich patterns and a wonderful layout! Its fun to do something a bit different isnt it...when we dare! lol!
Sue x