Wednesday, 23 September 2009

San Marco distressed mini!

Lots of people seem to have been recycling corrugated card into beautiful shabby chic works of art, so I decided to give it a go for this vintage look album cover, for a challenge over at Bubbly Funk. I have finally come to the end of my Venice photo's from last year, with a mini album showing photo's of the Place San Marco with it's gorgeous buildings! I felt they warranted an album of their own! We mistakenly queued up for the roof of the Basilica and got some fabulous shots, so as luck would have it I ended up with some great views! The close ups of the mosaic on the facade gave me the inspiration for the mosaic of background papers edging that page. Here are just a few of the pages. My new Martha Stewart punches came into play, using the punch out as well as the holes left behind! I threaded some butterflies on to bakers twine above one photo and doodled inside the cut hole of the hydrangea punch outs, creating a background flower on the black page beneath! Yet another mini I hear you cry!!??? I have done nothing else this month!!! Lol! TFLx

10 comments:

LadyBug said...

FAB mini!!! and that shady chic look is really working for you girl!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

CoventryAnn said...

Love the grungy look of corrugated card, esp on mini books. Am reluctant to use it on 12x12 pages as am worried it mighn't be acid free.

SusieJ said...

Another fab album CC but I'm afraid you lost me in the explanation of techniques etc!
Are the Martha Stewart punches worth getting?
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

Absolutely gorgeous CC...loving all the ribbons!!!
Sue x

Karen said...

oooo I love this little book!!! It looks brilliant with the corrigated cover & all your pictures are lovely!!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Bubbly Scrumptious this week. I hope you join in again. XXX

craftattack said...

A beautiful album, well done! Venice is soooooooooo beautiful, when I can afford it I want to go there again.

jan said...

wow fab album cc, Venice is beautiful, Jan x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

cool album CC, well done and what great photos...

maria x

Caroline said...

Thats beautiful, and thank you so much for taking part in our challenge...x

Bernie said...

Think you've nailed shabby chic! LOVE that cover!! (And the rest of course!!!)
Bernie x
(UKS)