Monday, 5 October 2009

My old best friend!


I always talk about Barney as my best friend, but here is a layout I did of my old best friend. This was Suky, my old dog when I was a little girl. We bought her when I was four and she lived to be 17 years! This photo was taken just before she died, when she was old and plump! I am sure I have shown you a picture of her when she was young before, I will see if I can find it. Anyway, she was the inspiration for me getting Barney for the boys when they were young. I remembered the joy she had brought to my life and I wanted the children to have the same opportunity. When we were looking for Barney, I remember mum saying "you will never find another Suky" and yet I did somehow! It just happened, in fact I think Barney has just a smidgen more personality than Suky had. This photo I came across recently and just had to scrap it. Love the little Joanna Sheen stamp of the dog to complete the page!

The little dog card was in a recent Studio Calico kit and the old money playing card were a set I bought off E bay and have used them for all sorts! The significance of that money is Suky cost 10/-! June bug paper was perfect for this! TFLx

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Fantastic LO CC! What a great photo and such treasured memories.
Sue xx

jackie(worcs) said...

Great Doggy LO. Love the pet papers you have used.
Jackie:-)