Saturday, 31 October 2009

Pumkins and all that!

Well, we finally got around to doing the pumpkin last night, starting at half eight when DS2 got home from the dance festival. (Only been in troupes this week, as he moved to his new dance school, but has won a gold and a silver medal with them this week!) We printed a design off the Internet and then went for it!!
To be fair, I had only bought the Pumpkin on Monday when I went to Morrison's shopping and they were only £1! He had mentioned that he wanted to do one, so I thought for £1 it was worth it as I have not got any pics of this for scrap booking before.
We have a set of pumpkin carving tools I bought for 97p from Asda a few years ago and let me tell you that little saw in there is worth it's weight in gold!!! And far safer than letting them loose with a knife!! There is also a piercing tool and a scoop, although we did manage to break the scoop this year :(
The pattern was fab! We taped the photocopy on the front of the pumpkin and then cut through it.
We only cut a small lid to leave us as much carving space as possible. (The little saw is on this picture too!)
I have completed my mini album that I started last week using a Papermania Acrylic scallop circle album and I am ready to print off the pictures now and put the two together.
I printed a web picture off the net and placed it under the cover page.
I then use a Sakura glaze pen to trace over it and left it overnight to dry.
I used a scaled down version of our pattern to cut out the same shape in orange paper to make a lantern page and then glued it in position with glossy accents. I stamped the skeleton arms using Stazon ink and decided to leave the green protective film on the back cover to give the album a greenish tinge!!
With this and my Happy Halloween plaque I made last week, I am all set for tonight! TFLx






4 comments:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

WOW love your pumpkin CC, and your album is fab, I've a few of these, not used them yet...

well done to your son on he's awards too...

maria xx

Maxine said...

Wow your pumpkin is amazing, I did one last year but found it sooo hard to cut, yours looks so fabby! and love the mini book too!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit 'Bah Humbug' about Halloweeen, but I love your carved Pumpkin & Mini Book....Mgt.

SarahLP said...

Lovely blog, SO many amazing projects to peruse.. and be inspired by! I'll be back for sure ;o)