Monday, 26 October 2009

Half Term yay!


So, it's half term for us this week and before you know it, the diary is full! Everybody is doing different things and by the time we have all scribed it on the calendar, it looks like a war zone!! DS1 is home for the weekend from Uni, but needs to go back today for lectures on tues, wed, thur and is then coming back Thursday. DS2 is busy in the dance festival, taking revision classes and doing extra days at work! I need to do my school work, get my hair done and craft (of course) for Christmas. Add in all the getting together with family we need to do and before you know it, we will be back to school!

I treated myself to a Sizzix Texture Boutique machine yesterday in Hobbycrafts, as I had a £5 voucher out of my "Christmas" Ideal Home magazine that ran out yesterday. Of course, Hobbycraft don't sell the embossing folders and it does not come with any!!???!! Very semsible.....not! So I can't try it, just to see if it works you understand!!! It is for Christmas, so it will be going away until then. I also treated myself to the Fiskars personal trimmer. I have seen this around on lots of You tube clips and decided to have a scoring blade would be fab too, so I invested on QVC craft day. That will be going away too. The only Christmas shopping I have done so far, and it's for me!! Lol! Will make a start on some this week though, I promise! I have ordered a couple of embossing folders from Crafts U Love as they have free P&P until tonight!

More Christmas countdown projects have been manufactured and I need to get my sewing machine out for the next few!! Hoping to do that this week! I'll leave you with some MDF hearts I have made. TFLx

P.S. Off to my first crop tonight! I am so excited!! Bit worried how much stuff to pack though!! How much I will get made is another matter! Chatting to get to know these ladies, may come first!!

3 comments:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

sounds a busy week CC, (mines the opposite in school holidays, but got 6 appointments next week when steven's back to school)...

have fun at your crop tonight, and cannot wait to see your christmas projects...

maria x

CoventryAnn said...

Enjoy the crop, i love scrapbooking with others!

SusieJ said...

Fab project CC.
Enjoy your time with DS1.
My DS was supposed to be home this w/end for my b'day but since I'm with my Dad in the NE (even further North than Yorkshire) had to cancel. Last I heard from him was an email on Sat. telling me he'd lost his phone on Fri. evening - which explains the text I got from a complete stranger after I'd texted him about the clocks going back!
Sue xx