Monday, 30 November 2009

A year in pictures


Yesterday I allowed myself an hour or two to craft for me!!! I have been so busy with the countdown projects and my craft fayre projects that I have not scrapped anything for me for a while!

Do you remember last year I did Shimelle's class "Scrap your day?" Well I enjoyed doing it, but decided that this year I would buy the same album again and so a year in pictures. As we finished Scrap your day in March it is running from April to next March! Well, I bought the Making Memories calendar to make it with, way back in December last year and I had set aside the Jenni Bowlin Calendar cards that came with my add on from my December kit from Studio Calico last year, but I had not got around to starting it. Friday night I looked back through my photos and made a start.

I always group my photo's on my computer in folders for each month. I have a pics folder and a craft folder for each month to keep them separate. So, on Friday, all I had to do was go back to April's folder and make a photo collage, using my selection of the best twelve pictures and print them out onto A4. I chose a layout that could be cut in two lengthways with the trimmer so I can easily mount the pictures on each page. I printed out the same for May right through to November. Yesterday I was all set to go!

I decided to dismantle the calendar to access each page more easily, I can reassemble it with my BIA later. The cover this year is chipboard with a scalloped edge. The pages are the same paper as last year, white, but I wanted to use vintage papers that had a cream background so I set about the edges of each page with Tim Holtz distress ink in "old paper" and the foam blending tool. Once the edges had been inked I started adding my background papers, by just cutting a 12x12 sheet in half and placing half on the page and half on the back of the previous page, so it opens flat as a double page of the same paper. (IYKWIM)
A pack of Jenni Bowlin journaling cards in black, also from a previous kit went perfectly with her vintage paper, so I have a journaling space on each month to record the events. I am only half way through, but I love the memories it has brought back already!! Things I had recorded with a photograph but forgotten!!

No comments: