Sunday, 20 December 2009

A blanket of snow!



Well we had some more snow last night, so we woke up to a blanket of white! In fact we walked home from friends last night after midnight in it!! Barney enjoyed his walk this morning in his coat, the frost heightens all the smells! I did not realise my December Daily would be so full of snowy pictures!! I took some when the first flurries started on Thursday in case that was all we got, now those pages look daft compared to what we have now!
Today has been a relaxing day, with both boys out at work. I have a nice piece of roast beef in the oven for Sunday tea and I have done some last minute loads of washing - changing all the beds and towels. I have just been making a large Lasagne for lunch on Wednesday on DS1's birthday, as all the grandparents are coming for lunch. I need to do my last minute supermarket shop tomorrow for all the fresh stuff I want. I have some family and friends entertaining planned, but the actual Christmas lunch is not my job this year, my sister is cooking, we do it alternate years. Just been printing out some Christmas recipes from the Internet, for Cinnamon pecan buns and St Stephen's day muffins. I feel like cooking and not crafting at the moment! I need to search out a Christmas jigsaw - that will have to be a page in my December daily! TFLx

2 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Still no snow here, and i'm sure my journal would look better full of snowy pages!

SusieJ said...

Oh snap CC! I too feel the urge to cook (well, bake actually) - have no inspiration for scrapping even though I took photos on Friday. Must be nostalgia as I rmember my Mum baking etc.
Sue xx