Tuesday, 15 December 2009

December daily catch up!

So where did the last two days go?? Yesterday was a busy day, taking Barney to the vets for a check up and meeting friends for coffee to exchange cards and presents and yet more mince pie baking!!! Another three dozen to be precise! Where are they all going??? Today was back to work and a hectic time planning a handover to the person who will be covering for me whilst I am in hospital. A lovely facial for me tonight courtesy of an exchange of goods between me and the beautician who wanted a few things from my craft stall, so we negotiated!! I have to say she has done a fab twig tree using contorted willow branches with some of my scented hearts and birds and the iced gingerbread cookie hearts with dried cranberry hearts. I will have to go and get a photo of it! It looks fab! So I am feeling suitable refreshed!
I have just written up my daily, with a page about icing the Christmas cake and a few photo's! Just needs a few decorations putting on it! I used to do marzipan and sugar paste icing all over, but then we realised we did not like the taste of the icing and we were peeling it off and throwing it away, so now I am back to the old fashioned royal icing albeit the instant royal icing mix from Silver Spoon! Just got a few air bubbles here unfortunately, did not leave the icing to stand overnight like I should have done! Going to add a broad ribbon around the side later.

Tomorrow I am going to write up about the Christmas lights! TFLx

No comments: