Friday, 1 January 2010

A Happy New Year & a double layout!

We did not get to bed until 2.30am, as we had friends around last night, so I had a slow start to the morning today! Been over to mum and dad's for Roast Beef lunch and then on to FIL to see the relatives before they head back to Germany. We almost got caught napping by the snow that breezed in unexpectedly heavy, but fortunately we have been able to make it home in one piece! No snow at all here when we got back! Going to get a bath and get my PJ's on to watch Marple later and maybe have a snack or two if I can fit anything else in! Lol!
I finally did some scrapping a couple of nights ago, so here is a double layout (don't do those often!) about DS1 at Uni. "A whole new world" I don't know what made me grab the wire I had taken off a calendar I was putting in the recycling bin, and make the word University out of it, but I quite like it! More Maya Mist on this one, using a chipboard leftover from my favourite Basic Great alpha set. Worked quite well I thought! The Studio Calico map paper inspired the title. Hidden journaling in the Kraft envelope underneath. The clear butterfly has been stamped with Archival Ink using some tiny alpha stamps.

4 comments:

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely LO CC, and what a lovely piece to scrap, your son at uni, well done...

maria x

sue-bubbles said...

A really wonderful DLO CC - just fabulous!

Wishing you a very happy new year CC...do abide by the dc forum resolution wont you - we are all going to be kinder to ourselves!

(That must involve stash surely...a die-cutter for you me thinks!)

Sue x

SusieJ said...

Love it CC! Don't think DS will let me do one of him - but I can ask.
Might pinch your calendar wire idea- to add to the ribbons,pretty card etc I've taken from the Christmas goodies.
Have a wonderful 2010 CC.
Sparkles,
Sue xx

craftattack said...

Nice layouts!