Monday, 4 January 2010

I Love October Afternoon!

I have known this for a while and am completely frustrated that there is no October Afternoon blinkie out there to add to my blog, I have had to add my own little banner in the side bar, but I needed to declare my love for these papers! Not only is the quality superb, but also their retro feel fits me like a glove! I know it is not everyone's taste, but I love it! Here is my latest offering using Report Card and Farm Fresh papers. Little bits of Cosmo and Sassafrass too! I think this is why I love Studio Calico so much, they mix up these makes to bring the best of all, then add in a sprinkle of their own magic with a stamp like that alphabet handwriting stamp! You see? I am smitten! A sprinkling of bakers twine is also another joy!
This layout is a picture of DS1 in Year 4. It is one of my all time favourite pictures, taken when he had just joined a new school after we had moved house to North Yorkshire. I like it so much I used it on his 18th Birthday Invitation last year! (Much to his embarrassment! I keep telling him that's what parents are for, to embarrass you!)
The journaling is hidden on the Star Student journal card. I added some machine stitching and a few gems to complete the look. TFLx

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

I love this page CC- those papers are perfect.
Sue xx
p.s. pleased I'm not the only one to feel a parent's job is to embarrass their children!lol

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely page CC, and I thought that was why we had kids...

'to embarrass them'!!!...

maria x

jackie(worcs) said...

Love this LO CC. Great retro feel to it.
Jackie:-)

Anonymous said...

This LO is great & the pic is fab.
I too love these papers & have manged to pick some odd ones up - they are just like the books were when I was at school.....Mgt.