Tuesday, 26 January 2010

I've struggled and struggled...


...to get this layout together, it has been on my desk over a week, but the mojo just disappeared until today. This is my fourth if not fifth attempt at this layout, using some of the memorabilia from my very first race meeting last summer. There was just so much I wanted to put on this page and yet I did not feel I wanted to make it a double layout. I decided to use the memorabilia as background patterned paper and once I did that it seemed to work. Small amounts of two contrasting papers, just give it a lift. Somehow it was a mental block I just had to overcome, maybe it was trying to fit three pictures on a page, I don't know, but somehow, once I got this completed, I was able to scrap two more layouts from last summer too. Phew! I feel exhausted! I have used one of my Suffolk paper puff embellishments with a stitched brad through the middle on here too to add texture. Need to go for a lie down now! TFLx

5 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

I really like this, busy pages appeal to me lots, and i love all the stitching!

SusieJ said...

Love it! Inspired idea to use the memorabilia as background paper.
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

A fabulous page CC, and well worth all the effort!
Sue x

tea_bag said...

I also love busy pages lots to see, fab lo

almax

Sandra said...

I really like this page - I have something very similar to do too. So thank you for the idea :)