Friday, 29 January 2010

Never happier.......

... than when he is in France! (My dad that is!) As a life long language teacher, even at 85, he is never happier than when he is in France. This photo was taken last summer when my parents visited my sister in the south of France. They look so happy. The layout did not need much at all, the background paper is great as it is, but I just added texture with a chipboard tag, some 'apron lace' punched paper and a couple of travel stamps.
Yesterday I took delivery of a superb fat book , made by my 'do craft' friends to aid my recovery from my operation. I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all those who contributed and for the time they took completing their individual pages, to Margaret for the original idea to do one and Alyson for compiling the pages and creating the cover. Never underestimate the power of small individual acts like this that combine to make a huge difference. I have completed some before, but know I am a few behind so I will be sure to catch up now (Maria and Val to name but two!) Thanks once again for your kindness. You can see the finished book here. (The weather has been too dark here today to photograph it!) TFLx

1 comment:

tea_bag said...

What a wonderful photograph and stunning LO alma xx