Sunday, 3 January 2010

A productive Day- 6 layouts!

I thought I had better justify my title as a "Scrapbooker of the Year 2009 runner up", by doing some Scrapbooking! 6 layouts today to be precise! This layout, I took the background paper and just ran with it! It had fake stitching on and loose threads printed on the background, so I cut out the centre and turned it over, then machine embroidered here and there leaving loose ends, so it is difficult to tell which is fake stitching and which is real. I carried on the confusion, by tearing strips of fabric and stitching them to the fake fabric, along with ribbon! Neat hey? I quite like the overall effect!
More tomorrow, including more techniques and details! I had such a great time! TFLx.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

B****y H**l! 6 LO's in one day! I managed 3.5 tags for the 52 Q&A and thought I was doing well!
Love the techniques (looking forward to seeing more) - must find my sewing machine - although I do find hand stitching on paper quite therapeutic.
Sue xx

jackie(worcs) said...

Love the stitching fake AND real!
Jackie :-)