Wednesday, 27 January 2010

The rest of the banner

I think my recent operation has robbed me of what little memory I had! I had got so wrapped up in my little craft video clips that I forgot to blog the first three pennants of my inspire banner! The first pennant has some stamping with Stazon on an acrylic butterfly by Maya Road. This pennant was to remind me of all the wonderful Studio Calico stamps I have and to remember to use them! The apron lace punch echoes the chipboard and the yellow paper is stuck on with 3D foam pads to give depth. Not forgetting the self adhesive gems!
This next pennant had the little 'yo yo of paper' embellishment I demonstrated on my craft video the other day. It was to make me think about texture. I curled a Sassafrass paper Whimsie around a pokey tool to add dimension to the flower and made another by gathering antique lace into a rosette. The Hambly rub on lace was to remind me that you can add texture by fooling the eye too! Also, don't forget your buttons!

This third pennant was my tribute to Tim Holtz! I used a mask and some distress ink on the background paper, then added some stamps and an ideology tag. The two stamps mean something too, one to remind me to get out there and do things and the balloon to remind me that the sky is the limit!

All the banner is joined together with some of my favourite Cath Kidston ribbon.

Here's hoping that when I look at this banner it will inspire me to use techniques that I have forgotten about! TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I have to say it's just such a gorgeous gorgeous banner. You've just so much talent.

SusieJ said...

Wonderful! Great range of techniques too - could do with s'thing to remind me to experiment too.
Sue xx