Thursday, 28 January 2010

That sunshine feeling!


So, I have dug out my Studio Calico July kit and have started to scrap some photo's from last summer, to give me a sunnier disposition!
This photo is from the south of France last year when DS2 went with his grandparents to visit my sister. She likes to purchase her fruit and veg in little roadside farm shops and they often have a field of flowers where you go cut your own blooms. I thought this paper was perfect so I hand cut around the flowers! To add dimension (you know me!) I used three sizes of Woodware scallop punch to punch out some 3D flowers. Then I ran them through my Sizzix boutique machine in the Swiss Dots folder, then I inked them lightly using my brown chalk eye ink pad and mounted them using large 3D foam pads. A few adhesive gems and a butterfly punched out of a sheet of Hambly acetate held in place with a Maya Road trinket pin and we are just about there.
(Sorry about the reflection of the flash on the glossy photo, no decent light for ages!) TFlx
Feeling just soooooooooo tired at the moment. I wonder if I am anaemic after this operation? You would think they might have told me if I was!

5 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

love all the blooms!! love the pennants you have made as well! just magical!

Rosemary said...

Love those flowers, certainly look sunny.

SusieJ said...

I can feel the sun just looking at it. Very effective paper - perfect!
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Love the papers & this LO....so colourful.....Mgt.x

Curlywiggles said...

i like the layered effect on the flowers.