Friday, 15 January 2010

Tim Holtz distress ink


I do apologise for yesterday's post, but I just felt the need to vent!(No pun intended!!) I can't believe I was willing to share those details with all and sundry, never mind, today is another day on and another day further away from my surgery so things can only improve!

Yesterday, when I had a brief foray into the craft room to make those thank you cards I shared with you yesterday, I found this layout sitting on my desk that I had made the night before I went into hospital and completely forgotten about. You will remember I was lucky enough to spend a day with Kirsty Wiseman last summer, when she came to see me whilst staying with her mum in Brid. She arrived with a cute gift for Barney, took some lovely photo's of Jonni and me with Barney, and we shared scones with jam and cream and laughed all afternoon! I also managed to get Jonni to photo us together using my camera, a photo that has been waiting since then to be scrapped!

I am steadily trying to build up a collection of a few distress inks and this one I used here was fired brick with a foam applicator and a non stick sheet (not the real one yet but I am saving up for it!) I had this cute crown mask from Heidi Swapp and felt it would be perfect and gave me the title.

When I first returned to crafting a few years ago when I was ill, Kirsty was the one who I was inspired by to give scrap booking a go and she in turn led me to Studio Calico (for which I am very grateful!) She was also instrumental in helping me get out of the house when I was beginning to recover and had felt a little trapped, by encouraging me to meet her at the Northern Papercrafts exhibition in Harrogate for a coffee!

A lovely memory to treasure and a fab photo!

I thought I might craft today, but was too tired to try. Maybe tomorrow. TFLx

5 comments:

SusieJ said...

Gorgeous LO and what wonderful memories.
Sue xx
p.s. hope the wind has abated!

Hi I'm Maria... said...

lovely page CC...

maria x

tartantaz said...

cool page, I hope you are feeling a little lighter today :)

T x

sue-bubbles said...

A wonderful layout CC, I do remember your excitement of your day with Kirsty..how lovely!
Be assured CC, one day soon you are going to wake up and feel significantly better! Never worry about venting (in all manner of ways..lol), and never fear - your offical crafting leave will begin soon!
Gentle hugs, Sue xxx

mrs tsv said...

lovely page cc, i hope its less windy down your way. lol
gina xxxxxx