Friday, 26 February 2010

2010 Decorative tape trend

Another big trend at Winter CHA 2010, according to Scrapbook Update, was the decorative tape trend. Several companies are showing some lovely tapes including 7 Gypsies, Tim Holtz and Pink Paislee to name but a few! Well, me being me, wanting everything but not affording it, I decided to have a go at making my own and I have to say I am pretty pleased with the results! If you are not regimented about Acid and Lignin free like me, (I use vintage papers all the time) then why not have a go too, it was so easy!
I used normal masking tape from the DIY store, a large Tim Holtz type stamp that I bought second hand and some Archival ink or Stazon. I love the transparent effect you get, just like the bought one. I have used some already on a Mother's day project I am working on. It adds another dimension and a vintage feel. You could colour it too by using Distress ink in your chosen colour, with a foam blending tool.
Start by laying out strips of masking tape on your cutting mat  to create a sheet you can stamp on. (I used a small spare mat I keep for travel purposes and I will leave it stuck to that until I need to make more) Ink up your stamp and begin stamping the image. I alternated the stamp using it upside down for some impressions. Fill all the gaps on the tape.
You can now peel of your strips of paper tape and use them on your projects. I ripped the edges of each piece and tore some in half lengthways to get narrower strips. I will definitely be doing this again! Have fun! TFLx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great idea CC. Must find DH's masking tape this week-end....Mgt.x

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Looks fab - I was thinking of doing this too LOL
Julie xx

furrypig said...

another great idea and I do have some masking tape!

Sandra said...

What a great idea ... thanks for the tip. Ok, off to raid hubby's workshop LOL.

Sandra said...

What a great idea ... thanks for the tip. Ok, off to raid hubby's workshop LOL.