Saturday, 13 February 2010

Let's talk texture! Fake metal

Another layout from last year's summer holiday, the turquoise waters of Lake Garda in the sun at Riva. I had to take the photo offset as the glossy photo was getting a glare from the flash. This was based on a page map sketch. I used some chipboard photo corners and a bracket and I sprayed them with Maya Mists in brown and irridescent pearl to create a tarnished, metallic like finish and then hammered them with my Tim Holtz distress hammer. I typed the journaling on a tag using our old typewriter again. The background paper is stitched to the card stock using the sewing machine. A Studio Calico Fabrip is pleated under the Vintage Finding button at the bottom to add more texture.
I may go back to this and add a spritz of Turquoise Maya mist that arrived in the post today!! TFLx

4 comments:

tea_bag said...

fab LO love that photo

sue-bubbles said...

A beautiful page CC!

Enjoy your SC delivery...mmm...nice!

Sue x

SusieJ said...

Another fabulous LO CC. And again I love the techniques you've used.
Sue xx

Sandra said...

Simply beautiful.