Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Spiral Flower techniques!!

They seem to be all the rage at the moment!! Tutorials everywhere! From Tim doing his in Sticky back canvas or Grungepaper here, (including template) to doing them in fabric here, here and here,
 to the ones I did last year using a large scallop punch here,
and the ones I did in patterned paper with curled edges, in a cybercrop class here! 
They are all the same technique, using different mediums!
All you need to do is make a spiral in paper, sticky back canvas, grungepaper or card or in the case of fabric, roll the fabric in a spiral shape on a circular background! The effects are different but the techniques very similar! Why not give them a go.
I have enjoyed playing with my sticky back canvas today. I have had it ages and never used it!! I coloured them with Tim Holtz distress inks in Spiced Marmalade and Broken china. The fabric ones are inked with the same two inks and the smallest one is painted using a Maya Mist in metallic turquoise. I have spritzed them with irridescent pearl Maya Mist and added some Perfect Pearls in bronze, to the canvas ones. I glued them together with glossy accents. TFLx
P.S. I have just ordered the QVC TSV! - Tim's Book was too much of a temptation in the end, Happy Mother's Day to me!!

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Beuatiful flowers CC!
You won't be disappointed with Tim's book - I got it last week (from Craft Obsessions) and it really is inspirational!
Sue xx

tea_bag said...

I also ordered Tims book today Love your flowers

craftattack said...

Lovely flowers!