Sunday, 28 February 2010

Tim Tags (Part 2)

Here are my first attempts from the book, that we made last night. I used lables made from kraft cardstock so the effects are probably not as dramatic as using cream labels.
This one is the basic technique "Wrinkle free distress."
This was an unusual technique "Water stamping" that I had not done before. I used a Versamark pad for this, then spritzed the stamp before stamping on the card. Tricky this one as to the amount of water and the timing of the stamping!

"Blended Batik" I like this one a lot. Clear heat emboss, then ink, then iron off the embossing powder, great fun! Important to use fine detail embossing powder here, not UTEE.

"Perfect distress" this one it is important to dry the background thoroughly using a heatgun before stamping the main image for the perfect pearls, otherewise they stick to everything, background included!!

"Dabber Resist" I had an issue with my paint dabber on this one as the dabber tip had solidified! The paint is too thick as I used it on a brush to paint directly on the stamp. Clean your stamps straight away too! Clear stamps are good for this so you can soak them!

"Double distress" I passed the tag through an embossing machine before distressing it with the ink tool. This folder was maybe not so good for the stroking with an ink pad in the next stage, as the gaps in the embossing picked up lines from the edge of the ink pad. Also I would use and older pad for the stroking part, as mine was brand new and too Juicy! I added stamping to cover the mistakes!! I distressd the edges too with my distress tool.

My favourite of the evening "Inking Grunge" except I had no grungepaper so I used cardboard from some shirt packaging that was grey on one side and shiny white on the other. I used the grey side as it looked like Grunge paper!

"Rusted Enamel" this one was inked with 'faded jeans' ink, then clear embossed then inked again with Walnut stain. I would hve like there to be more brown showing for the rust, so next time I would knock off more of the embossing powder before heating.
So there are my first attempts! Can't wait to keep going and then they will all need decorating!! TFLx

P.S. Just trying out this blog background for a Mothers day/Easter/Spring theme, not sure!!! Wanted to feel more Spring like!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

They are great, you have inspired me to get moving with mine. thanks for the tips as well.

SusieJ said...

Great results CC.
Sue xx
p.s. thanks for the tips too!

sue-bubbles said...

Fabulous tags CC! Im dabbling with the crackle glazes which I LOVE..inks will be another day when I can spread out my mat and get down and dirty..lol!
Sue x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

they're all looking good CC...

think I like the look of the perfect distressed look the best., cannot wait to try some..

maria x

furrypig said...

wow the tags look amazing one day I will be adventuress and try out some of Tim's distressing ideas (tho' not got any of his kit!) really like the idea of ironing away the embossing and using the cuttlebug to emboss before distressing.

Crafty Dawn said...

Looks like I had a simalar day as you did evenin. Love the tags you have shown I however didnt photo graph mine)

I went through quite a few techniques too, done all the ones you have missed some of the others out as no distressin EP or metal flowes etc but I really enjoyed my self on the kitchen table and after all that made a fabby card (which I will be shedualing for Tues) with quite a few techniques on so well worth playing lol

Love Dawn xx