Thursday, 25 March 2010

Comic book capers!

This layout from the bloghop was to use comic books as an inspiration for a layout and include a speech or thought bubble. Another of Kirsty Wiseman's photo's from last summer, caught Barney in full concentration mode, as he knew I had chocolate drops in my hand! Bribery! I chose to use scalloped cardstock for a comic effect along with a graphic Sassafrass paper with a fun edging. I added my title to  a double layered 'action bubble' using layers of foam pads to add dimension. The speech bubble is also mounted on foam tape. The arrows are another comic strip feature! That single line around the edge is another one of those framing techniques that I am loving since doing these classes! That's where trying other people's ideas is such a good thing, this layout is not something I would have ever attempted without the inspiration here from Sandra in the Netherlands, thanks for making me think outside my box, again!!

Just as a side note, I do realise my photography needs some assistance! I got a new camera last May for my birthday and I am still coming to terms with it!! I have not had time to read up on it all! I often find I am photographing things late on, when the light is poor, but having just received my Daylight lamp, that I got as part of my Scrapbooker of the year runner up prize, I am finding it very useful to help photgraph my layouts. Even so there are still a few shadows. I am trying to improve!! When I look at some peoples photo's of their layouts, I have a lot to learn!! When I have time! Lol! Too busy crafting!!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I love your layout! Especially the double layered textbubble! Thanks for playing along!

Lythan said...

that is such a yummy layout! So many cute details. When it comes to photographing layouts I am no expert but it does help to blutack them to a wall and photograph them that way. If your camera is good you can take the shot from quite far away and when you crop it in editing it will still be smart and you can straighten it. I use Picasa (its free!)

cannycrafter said...

Thanks for that info Lythan, I used to blue tac them to the wall but I had forgotten about that tip! I think I am getting too close! Will check out Picasa too! x

SusieJ said...

I love this CC - another great photo of you and Barney.
Sue xx