Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Distress ink layout from the bloghop

This was a layout from the blog hop by Helena here. This was so graphic and quite unlike my usual style that I really enjoyed thinking outside of my box!! This shows just how vibrant distress inks can be. I used broken china and spiced mamrmalde as they went with my photo. The first go I had at the swiping the card in the wet ink was not very goos as I had not wet it enough, the second go was much better and I think blending over any white parts left was a good idea too! I love how the border of machine stitching just finishes it off too! I typed my journaling on an old typewriter.
Got lots more of the bloghop projects to share with you over the next few days! Still making some, there was loads to enjoy!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Really lovley layout, and have to agree, I never think of distress inks as being so bright, but your layout looks really fun and colourful

Helena said...

Love your layout and love the Grandfather!!!! )

Distress inks with misting produce a whole new set of colors! Since I learn this technique I've been using it a lot also for cards.

Thanks for trying this and thanks for sharing!