Thursday, 4 March 2010

Domestic Goddess

Well, you know I try to be! I did make pastry and buns yesterday! But, this is the title for a new "re purposed" mini album I am working on using Graphic 45 "Domestic Goddess" papers.
After the success of my December Daily album, made from bits and pieces of leftovers, I decided I like this idea a lot and have decided to put together another album, using odds and ends I have collected that might otherwise have been thrown away! I know if you are keen on not using acid and Lignin free items, this wont be for you, but it works for me! I have no illusions that my two sons will hang on to any of my crafting for sentimental reasons! They have already told me!! Lol! Let's just hope my nieces will see the value, but that's another story! So here is my current collection, paper bags, old book covers, envelopes, postcards, beer mats and clothing labels, even the labels from my last SC kit bag! All collected and stored for a future project! I save a lot of packaging from Scrapbook items too, here is a card from my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher packaging and a K&CO Life's Journey packet, that I have run through my Sizzix Boutique to add texture using an embossing folder. I also did one of the envelopes too.
I was keen to see if you could emboss chipboard. I knew it would be too thick to pass through with both plates and I did not want to break my machine, so I removed one of the plates and added some thinner cardboard as a shim instead and it worked a treat! If you are careful you can do it! (Note the disclaimer here! I don't want to be held responsible for machine breakages! Lol!) So here are a few pages covered, using Graphic 45 papers and a few Jenni Bowlin papers too. I am almost done with it now and just need to embellish it, then I will post the completed pics! So don't forget to collect those bits and pieces! The new buzz word is "re purposing" I am hoping to check out a few charity shops later for some more children's board books. TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think half the fun is in the collecting bits and bobs that will some day "come in handy" :) It's looking good - and thanks for the type about the chipboard - I'll give it a go, and promise I won't hold you responsible :lol: .. unless, it looks fab of course :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use up odd bits.
I save some, hoping if I ever get a Grand-daughter she will appreciate my craft bit & pieces....Mgt.x