Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Me & Him

Everytime I do a new layout from this bloghop It becomes my new favourite! This, again, was not my usual style, as I don't often get the chance to do "pretty" when you scrap two boys! This photo of me and my best friend was taken by Kirsty Wiseman last summer and I have been meaning to scrap it for a while.
When I looked at the original idea on Stephanies blog here I realised I had some stitching templates somewhere, but I did not have skeleton leaves! I decided to use a set of leaf stamps that I had hiding in a drawer unused! I used some Brilliance ink in green and chalk eye ink in Lavender to stamp various leaf images up the side of the page, and across the bottom. I then got cracking with the stitching. Looking at my blossom jar I realised I don't do "pretty" blossoms either!! Just vintage!! So, out came the Maya mist in my new colours Pink Grapefruit and Latte and voila! I had "pretty" flowers! I wanted more dimension to my leaves, so I stamped some extra ones using the same stamps and Brilliance ink on to cotton Calico fabric. When it was dry, I added some spray starch to the back and then ironed it to stiffen the fabric. I cut out the leaves and curled them slightly before gluing them down.
I love the idea of journaling around the border of the cardstock too! That's three layouts I have done with borders in the last three days and all different! TFLx

6 comments:

furrypig said...

that LO is gorgeous and I actually prefer it to the original! Shhhh!

SusieJ said...

This is really lovely CC - great techniques again and what a gorgeous photo - Barney looks so handsome.
Sue xx
p.s. you don't look bad either!lol

sarah copeland said...

Thats a lovely LO - it's the sort of LO I dream of doing, but never do... !!!

CoventryAnn said...

Love this, really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

A great LO as usual &
I Love the journaling around the edge of the LO making a different frame - very effective....Mgt.

Crafty Dawn said...

This is a lovely LO hun and Kim is too cute

Love Dawn xx