When I looked at the original idea on Stephanies blog here I realised I had some stitching templates somewhere, but I did not have skeleton leaves! I decided to use a set of leaf stamps that I had hiding in a drawer unused! I used some Brilliance ink in green and chalk eye ink in Lavender to stamp various leaf images up the side of the page, and across the bottom. I then got cracking with the stitching. Looking at my blossom jar I realised I don't do "pretty" blossoms either!! Just vintage!! So, out came the Maya mist in my new colours Pink Grapefruit and Latte and voila! I had "pretty" flowers! I wanted more dimension to my leaves, so I stamped some extra ones using the same stamps and Brilliance ink on to cotton Calico fabric. When it was dry, I added some spray starch to the back and then ironed it to stiffen the fabric. I cut out the leaves and curled them slightly before gluing them down.
I love the idea of journaling around the border of the cardstock too! That's three layouts I have done with borders in the last three days and all different! TFLx