Monday, 1 March 2010

Mother's day magic!

I was blog hopping the other day and came across this post on the 7 gypsies blog. (I love those Avignon papers and the new Venice papers too, but not got them!) Having just bought a 7 Gypsies kit in the clearance section on QVC, that included two of these folders and some gaffer tape, I decided to make one of these folders for mother's day. A card keeper where mum can save any little cards or treasures to keep them safe. I made my own file folders for the interior, using some Bazzill cardstock and covered them in the same way with patterned paper. I covered all the folder in scraps and torn pieces of paper, then I added my home made decorative paper tape.


Each file folder is stitched across the bottom. Don't forget to stitch your paper piecing on first!

The files are held in by ribbon. Holes were punched using my Cropadile Big Bite.

Add Gaffer Tape to the spine to strengthen it.
That's me all set for mother's day, I just need to think of something to give to my mum now! Lol! TFLx

3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Love the idea of a card keeper for Mothers day.... i think i have 2 to make!!!!

tea_bag said...

Looks fab, what a thoughtful and very special gift almax

Sandra said...

Looks gorgeous :) ... you really are just so talented.