Monday, 22 March 2010

My Waterloo!

This is another project from Rebekah's bloghop, a sketch designed by Kat Glossop, love her version! I decided to use some of the fabric pleated ruffles I made in this tutorial here, to scrap a photograph from the 1960's when I was young and we went to The battlefield of Waterloo and climbed the Lion monument.

"The lion hill, which is the main memorial monument of the Battle of Waterloo, indicates the spot where the Prince of Orange was wounded. A total of 226 stairs leads to the top of the monument where one can enjoy a beautiful view of the entire battlefield."
All I can remember is it nearly killed me to climb those 226 stairs!! My dad was always one for the "educational" holiday visits!! I have a lot to thank him for!!
I used my Studio Calico kit, including that yummy wood veneer and found myself combining blue and yellow again, loving this combo at the moment. A happy accident was that the Tim Holtz distress ink in Faded Jeans went green on the yellow card (of course) so to cover some of this up I punched the doily half circles from the piece of Studio Calico "doily"paper to cover some of them up and tucked them under the edge of the sewn ric rac trim. I like the extra dimension it adds! I am going to add my journaling on the playing card when I have checked the exact date with my parents.
Check out the chipboard button on the corner of the photo
This was an idea I got from the Maya Road blog, to stamp on their blank chipboard buttons and then add a layer of glossy accents over the top (this one was sepia glossy accents, but I used normal too.) Love the finished effect. Just group all your buttons close together and stamp the whole lot at once using Archival black ink. Cover with the accents and leave to dry overnight. This stamp is my favourite at the moment!

Ok, so  life is back to normal for me now I am back to work after my operation, which means that Monday is 'school lesson planning' day. I am up early so that I can get out with Barney and then get cracking, so that I may have time this afternoon to do even more crafting from Rebekah's blog hop! All the projects are still there if you fancy giving it a go! TFLx

3 comments:

rebekah22 said...

Gorgeous! I love all that fabric. Well done Caroline :) x

Kathleen said...

I absolutely ADORE this!! The fabric ruffles are perfect - thank you so much for taking part :D

xx

Mandie said...

lovely layout! very pretty, caroline!