Monday, 15 March 2010

When it's Spring again..................


I'll bring again, Tulips from Amsterdam!
This layout was for a challenge over on the Do-crafts forum, set by Val and inspired by that famous song!
I took a photo of my tulips I got from IKEA. I printed out two pictures in a larger size and decoupaged one on top of the other using foam pads. The title is made from chipboard letters, sprayed with Maya Mist. I sprayed a chipboard window frame too, then backed it with patterned paper, and filled in the window panes with Glossy Accents. The title was arranged on the top.
I also Maya misted the left hand side of the layout, after stitching the doily pieces in place. A little piece of my gathered ruffle (see the tutorial posted here) adds more texture.

Today is my last day of freedom, I return to work tomorrow, 10 weeks to the day since my Hysterectomy operation. It has been a long road, but hopefully I will begin to feel the benefits when I am back to my normal life. It has been a long road and sometimes very difficult, but I feel that I have turned a corner these last two weeks and felt almost my 'normal' self. My physio appointment this week was enlightening to say the least and I will always have to be careful lifting. I just need to get rid of the weight I have put on now!! Lol!

3 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

A fabulous LO CC, so lovely and cheery!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

good luck back at work, not long till Easter !!! Love the layering of your title.

craftattack said...

A really lovely layout, a breath of spring!