Wednesday, 7 April 2010

And Then There Were Three


This was for a sketch challenge over on the Studio Calico blog. Apologies straight away for my 1980's hair do!! This was our first official photo taken when Christopher was little in 1991. I am still making myself try background card in darker colours, not sure I am happy with it, I was also trying to use several punches here too, to create layers. There is also some of my pleated fabric ruffle used on there aswell, to add texture. The fabric, the wood veneer, the acetate butterflies, ribbon, paper lace and bakers twine; that's a lot of different textures! Stitching and a glossy photo also add dimension. It looks simple but there is a lot going on in there!! Don't forget to think about textures. Try it yourself! TFLx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

oh I really like the dark background, for so long we've been used to white or kraft cardstock, it's fun to try something new :) The joy of scrapbooking for me, is always looking back at older photographs, they bring back such wonderful memories :)

SusieJ said...

Loving that hairdo CC! I can talk!lol
Gorgeous photo and LO - will def. try different textures.
Sue xx

voodoo vixen said...

LOL... I had that same hairdo!! Love the LO and it has so much going on texture wise, lots to keep the interest going.