Sunday, 11 April 2010

Big Star Wars Fan!


This may be the last layout I make for a few days as it is back to school tomorrow :(
Need to get my head around school planning today as I have, as usual, left it all until the last minute! Where does the time go??? Tomorrow is a training day and then back to it on Tuesday.
Anyway, this photo is a scanned and reduced image of a portrait DS1 had taken at MGM studios in Florida when we went in 2005. They transposed his head on to Anakin Skywalker's body and I just love it! I combined it with a 'Sci Fi' looking paper with binary numbers on it and some yellow accents that I picked out of the title. The Cosmo cricket "Game Over" card reminds me of the "Star Wars" game we used to play in the Students Union Bar when I was at college! Very old hat now, but great fun then! I added a star trinket pin to echo the theme too.
This was another experiment in journaling, to journal in the "white space" of a layout on the ledger paper. Stitching and the embossed clouds add texture and the single corner rounded, echoes the circular punch outs on the layout.
I have to admit to being a Big Star Wars fan too! The day we had this taken, just happened to be Star Wars weekend at MGM and there was lots of extra things going on to coincide with the release of the latest film! Just having his photo taken with all the different characters was great fun in itself! I loved the white storm troopers! The original film was out when I was at school and it was huge!! I did not intend to pass my love of it on to DS1 but he became a huge fan himself and had lots of Star Wars figures and Lego ships when he was younger, infact we have kept it all in the loft!! So, back to the drawing board! have a nice day! TFLx

1 comment:

CoventryAnn said...

As another sci fi fan i love this page, and you can't go wrong with Cosmo Cricket. Not wanting to upset you but we finished late again this year, so don't go back until the 19th.....