Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Fun Fungi - misting on dark card

I wanted to find out what some of the Maya mists would look like on dark coloured card, so I experimented with my new Latte mist on dark brown card to get a tone on tone effect, but it came out quite metallic! The photo of the fungi reminded me of cogs, so I layered these chipboard cogs on the background cardstock, as a mask, before spraying them, then I removed them and replaced them in different places to create an interesting 'negative/positive' effect. 
The centres of the cogs are brown jewelled brads of various sizes. The cicrles are echoed in the patterned paper I chose and in the Bazzill 'just the edge' scallop cardstock edge. I have also been looking for interesting ways of adding journaling. This time, I threaded several mini tags on some Bakers twine to create an unusual feature to the layout. Some fake stitching and some leaf trinket pins complete the look. TFLx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This is fabulous, and I think the journaling mini tags work just so well