Thursday, 29 April 2010

Popup layout

I have always been intrigued by these when I see them around and after seeing Tracy's, 'pop up' project, during Rebekah's blog hop, I decided to have a go at a 3D layout myself using the mystery kit for the cybercrop. I picked the house, as I was trying to link with the theme of the "houses" in Monopoly. The principles of pop up cards are simple enough, you just need to do it on a larger scale for a layout version! I wanted it all to lie flat afterwards, even the 3D chimney, so it would go into a page protector in an album after having displayed it for a while, so I needed to take this into consideration when planning the design.

I made a dummy run using some scrap card, made some necessary adjustments and then moved on to my mystery kit papers - October afternoon, my favourites! Once the basic mechanics were worked out, it was a case of decorating it all with the supplies we were given. As you probably know already, I have a thing about dimension, so I was looking for ways to add texture. The ribbon suggested roof tiles and the red gems suggested apples, so I made my roof, using strips of ribbon and my 'Tiny Attacher' stapler and then hand drew a tree with "cloud" like branches, adding the yellow flowers for texture. The pinwheel paper suggested the pin wheel flowers to me, so I hand cut them and then unwound the paper clips we were given to create stems. It was voted winner in the cars category by fellow UK's members. Thanks.x

7 comments:

airing cupboard crafts said...

Your pop up LO is stunning!!!

sue-bubbles said...

WOW this is amazing CC!!!
Sue x

tea_bag said...

wow tis mighty fine almax

Shellie said...

Fantastic Layout , just commented on your layout on Do Crafts too its lovely,
Adding you to my blog list as I think you will be an inspiration
Happy Scrapping Shellie

Carole said...

This is amazing CC, must have taken you hours and hours, but worth every minute! Gorgeous LO.
Carole x

jackie(worcs) said...

I love your pop-up LO! Very clever and looks fab!
Jackie :-)

Eddie said...

Wow I love it!