Sunday, 18 April 2010

Ready for some more journaling??

I am starting Ali Edwards "Week In The Life" project next Monday (on a smaller scale), hoping to run it something like my 'December Daily.' I have started by making my album and have found the perfect papers to use in one of my SC kits (of course!) This paper even has the days of the week on it!
Another of my "Home Bargains" purchases, last week, was a packet of 50 manilla envelopes of different sizes for 99p! I have made this album using two sizes of envelopes, C6 and C5. If you open the flaps of the envelopes and turn one of them over, you can join them together by sliding one flap inside the other and sticking them down. I added extra double sided tape to the self seal strip to make sure they were secure.
From this photograph you can see the smaller envelope makes a pocket on the left hand side. Now you can fold the page you have made in two and then punch it with a Bind-it-all, (I made the pages asymetrical.) I made seven pages like this and bound them together using a large wire.

Now the fun part of decorating the pages with patterned paper. I like to leave a border of the Kraft paper showing so I cut three sizes of patterned paper, one piece in a small size for the front of the smaller envelope, one piece in the medium size for the back of the smaller envelope and two pieces in the larger size for the large envelope front and back. I inked the edges of them all using distress ink in Brushed Corduroy and a blending tool, then stuck them down with DST.

This means for each day of the week I have a medium front page for some journaling, a pocket for extra pictures on tags or maybe some ephemera and then two larger pages for a story about the day or anything incidental. If I need more space than this, I can slit the end of the larger envelope open and use it for storage or extra journaling cards and tags.
I cut some days of the week tabs from the left over patterned paper and stapled them to each page with my Tiny Attacher. I am all set to go!
My plan for the week is to have the album on my office desk and to add to it each day when I am blogging. I will hopefully be taking my smaller camera around with me and then I can add photo's of my daily routine to the pages. I will embellish it all, including the cover, at the end of the project. If you fancy playing along, then check Ali's blog out. I think this will be great to look back on in the future. TFLx

5 comments:

SusieJ said...

You're really getting in to journalling CC! Great book and a lovely choice of papers.
Sue xx

tea_bag said...

sounds wonderful I look forward to seeing more of it as you do it almaxx

Blu said...

Very nice work!

Sarah Pendergrast said...

Love your book!

papirdiva said...

I actually subscribe to Ali's blog, but I seem to be unable to keep up with it. Maybe I should do a mini-album like this, too ;)