Friday, 30 April 2010

Spring Cleaning!

I just felt like a spot of spring cleaning yesterday, so I decided to have a clear out in the craft room and rationalise my storage. There is nothing that makes me feel more satisfied than having a good clear out! It's therapeutic!
On left here is my desk that I pinched out of DS1's room when he went to Uni. It may well be going back to him when he comes home soon for the summer. I use this for my sewing machine.
Most of my craft things are stored on this bookcase here. I like to use old wooden wine crates for storage and wooden drawers from IKEA that I have covered.
I wanted to have an inspiration corner in my room as I have lots of items I have collected, so I used the top of this bookcase for a little display.

Finally there is my small bookshelf that was here from when this room used to be DS2's bedroom. Just enough space for my jars and tins and a few books.
All my papers are stored in Studio Calico crop bags, in this wooden box here, just under my desk.

At the other side under my desk, I have DS2's old TV unit with some 12 x12 RUB's on it and a handy little shelf for MIL's old typewriter that I am enjoying using for journaling at the moment.

5 comments:

SusieJ said...

What a lovely tidy space - would you like to spring clean my craft area now?lol I have made a start by sorting my "scraps" folder out - it was so full it was overflowing.
Sue xx

CoventryAnn said...

Looks fab CC, oh for a crafting room of my own (sigh!)

Hi I'm Maria... said...

can you come and do my house please CC...

and then when I get my attic room you can help sort that out...

maria x

Traceyr said...

wow what a wonderful tidy craft space and so much space to craft that's fab. Hope the desk doesn't have to go back. :)

Sandra said...

I so love looking around craft rooms, so thank you for the viewing :)