Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Tattered Florals die

This was one of my favourite classes from the cybercrop at the weekend, called Fleet Street by Karen. I slightly altered the sketch to use just one photo and seeing as I had taken delivery of my Tim Holtz tattered florals die that morning, I decided this was a great chance to use it.
The orange patterned paper, on the layout, is a Studio Calico paper and the central strip is an 7 Gypsies Avignon paper. To make the flowers using the die, first tear out some pages from an old dictionary and spray mount them onto a thin sheet of card (out of a shirt packet!!) then spray them with Glimmer Mist in 'Caramel Apple' and dry them. Place the sheet of cardboard backed book paper over the die and run through your die cutting machine to produce four gorgeous flowers!! Layer them up or use separately. Spray more pages without the cardboard backing, in Olive vine for the stem and Orange Maya mist for the other flower. The orange flower was made using a set of circle punches of various sizes.
 The two green flowers were made from a 3 inch circle punched and then cut in a spiral. Depending which way you coil the spiral, you get two different flowers! Coiling from the outside inwards gets you the tight bud flower, coiling from the centre outwards gets you a more open, flatter bloom. TFLx

3 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

Oh I so NEED that die now! I tried to tell myself that I didnt, but I DO!!!! Beautiful flowers CC!
Sue x

SusieJ said...

Fun LO and I love those tattered flowers!
Sue xx

Alix said...

nice job on the LO...and i just got that die too...its the best!! lol