Thursday, 8 April 2010

That cute {dance} pose

Another challenge from the Studio Calico blog, from a superb layout by Maggie Holmes. I loved the idea of the journaling around the edge and I decided to do two circuits! It tells the story of how DS2 first came to start dancing, at his own request! Even at 15 he still loves it! So this cute little boy here, grew into this six footer on the left here!!
I turned the sketch on it's side and added some background paper. My layers down the centre came from pleated ribbon, edge punched paper and an edging strip. What I am learning from doing these sketches, is little details that you  may not ordinarily include. I might not have stitched around the centre panel, although I do stitch on almost all my layouts somewhere, but I decided on this one to go around the "Smile" sticker that I had already added with foam pads and I love how it turned out! Happy accident!
I had a great day out shopping with DS2, well, he had to go to dance class and I shopped whilst I waited for him, then we shopped together as he has no shorts at all that still fit him!! Probably because he has grown eighteen inches last year!! Lol! Anyway, we have a shop called Home Bargains that I here about on UKs, but have never managed to get to and I found some fab things for mini albums!! They had brown paper lunch bags in packs of ten for 99p and also 50 Manilla envelopes in various sizes for 89p which will make a couple of albums with mismatched pages, which I love! Other goodies included some giant flashcards for school and snap cards, but they equally would be great for mini albums too!
The postman brought me some Tim Holtz Adage tickets for the up coming Cybercrop and also a little birthday present to me - Adobe Photoshop Elements which I ordered from Amazon at a good price and am hoping to get for my birthday in May when I have asked Mum if she minds putting towards it!!
I am not sure where the school holidays are disappearing to. Hubby is off this week and we are busy going here and there. FIL has decided to make the move to the old people's home permanent, so there are things to sort out and unfortunately the home had this terrible virus and he has been unable to have visitors, but we were allowed back in today. They did a great job of containing it and he himself was fine throughout the whole ordeal. Tflx

3 comments:

tea_bag said...

fab lo great papers

SusieJ said...

That is such a cute photo and LO.
It's frightening the way boys grow - mine is also a six footer - uses me as an arm rest as I'm only five ft. (and half an inch)!
Sue xx

Sandra said...

Just love that layout, what a lovely memory to have captured. Sounds like you've got a busy time, but at least knowing that your FIL is in a very good place, that really cares for it's guests is a big load of your mind.

I'm liking the sounds of what you've had delivered too ... its fun to have early birthday presents :)