Saturday, 24 April 2010

Today is the day! Cybercrop day!

Here is one of the layouts I have been working on for the Monopoly cybercrop over on UKs. The challenge was called "Vine Street" and you had to produce a layout using a vine in some way. Well, I decided to make a vine! I stamped my leaves in distress ink "Bundled sage" then spritzed them with water and lay them across a pencil to dry to give them shape. Then I stamped a few on the background card stock. I used some of my left over rusty wire to make the tendrils of the vine! What could be more apt for a photo of the family on holiday in France a couple of years ago, standing together under a vine! One of my most favourite family photo's ever!! (Look how young DS2 was!)

I love these leaves!! I will definitely be using this technique again!
Talking of leftover rusty wire, that is what I used for my first ever cybercrop class! I mean, I was so excited to be asked to design one, I can't tell you how thrilled I am!! I am just a little nervous as to how my first online class is going to be received!! I had to choose a technique and the first few I was thinking of, had already been used by other class teachers, so I really had to think outside the box and came up with my class, inspired by an article on a wire-work artist, I read, whilst on holiday in France a while ago. I can't post a picture here just yet, but will pop back at 4pm and update with my finished result! If you want to join in, go here and join UKs then you can download the class for free! Lots of great classes going on there today! Mine is called Pentonville!! What else! Lol! TFLX
The class is now up! A bit late due to a slight technical hitch!!

2 comments:

tartantaz said...

This is really cool, thanks for sharing

T x

jackie(worcs) said...

I had a nosy on UKS at your class. Your project looked fab and so did those who completed it too.Well done CC!
Jackie :-)