Saturday, 3 April 2010

Vroom, Vroom! And we're off!

Yes that's the news folks! There is a Cybercrop coming up on UKs and I am so excited to have been asked to design a class for it! I have been working hard last week to get it done and all the accompanying paperwork and it will "go live" in the Cybercrop weekend at the end of the month! I am not allowed to disclose anything, but if you fancy playing along check out the supply list here .
Quote "Pentonville Road by Caroline (countrycrafter) - a truly stunning wirework class from Caroline"
In case you have not been part of a cybercrop before it is a series of classes and challenges over a weekend that are uploaded by certain times (if you want) to claim points. You can download and complete as many or as few classes as you want to do. If you sign up, you are assigned to a team - as you can see, I am a car! You then chat and share your work with people online whilst you complete classes. As I don't have a crop locally, I like to join in with these if I can. If you have other commitments, complete them at your leisure.
Now I have shared my excitement, I will show you another layout I have completed from last week's blog hop! I am still doing great projects inbetween times! Lol!
I thought I had shared this layout with you, but I must be mistaken, I can't see it! This was inspired by Victoria here. I used my own stash and coloured the scrumpled Anna Griffin lace paper with cream Maya Mist. As I had just hand stitched on a layout previous to this one, I decided to use ribbon for the vine and stamp some leaves as well as hand cutting some from some cardstock, I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.

The butterflies are punched with my Martha Stewart punch and I added feelers using some poppy stamens left from my silk flower making class years ago, threading the beads on the wires for the body.

I also decided to add some of my home made 'vintage' paper tape, coloured with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink.

So here it is, FIL Harry as a baby in 1922, another layout for the heritage album! TFLx

3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Gorgeous LO CC, and am looking forward to the cyber crop, i'm picky about the LOs i choose to do, but I'll def have a go at yours !

SusieJ said...

Love it CC! A really great heritage page.

sue-bubbles said...

You tease! So looking forward to seeing your class project CC!

This layout is utterly gorgeous, I adore the colours and those flowers are divine!

Sue x