Thursday, 20 May 2010

And just like that..............


I no longer have a son at school! DS2 left school yesterday for home study leave. Quite a milestone when your youngest leaves school! Makes you feel older! He will be doing A levels but proper school, uniform et al is over!!
He was not happy that I wanted a photo!! Lol! You think they would be used to me by now!! Here he is back home in one piece after his exam, complete with signed shirt!  
I have not been posting as I have been trying to learn how to use my Photoshop elements programme to download and re size photo's. What a pfaff! It is mega complicated! Thank goodness I have the book my sister bought me!! Yesterday I was experimenting and came up with these two beauties, but it took hours!!! Lol!

Love this colour emphasis technique where you can remove all the colour apart from one area. Or this one where you can add colour gradient....

I am planning to print these off big and make them the main focus of a page, that is when I find my mojo!! Has anybody seen it??? I don't remember the last time I sat at the craft desk and it is worrying me! If you have a good cure for the lack of umpf, please leave a comment!! Maybe it's just post Sindy, post birthday blues. TFLx




5 comments:

tea_bag said...

fab photos What wonderful photos to scrapbook of your son Yes I also love the one where you leave some colour not a clue how to do it but you photos look fabulous alma

SusieJ said...

I'd forgotten about the signed shirt syndrome!
Love those photo techniques CC. I think your mojo must have run away with mine - haven't been able to settle to any crafting for a week now.
Sue xx

Hi I'm Maria... said...

know the feeling CC, my youngest leaves school in July (and he's 19, lol)...

it will be a new stage in their young lives... good luck for your son and he's exams...

maria x

sue-bubbles said...

I so wish I could get to grips with photo editing, I adore the effects you have achieved CC...you clever thing!
LOL at your sons shirt...I have a photo just like that, actually I think it actually made it into my piano hinge album - wonders never cease!
So, they have all left school....it'll soon be time for those sandalized shoes CC...lol!
Sue x

CoventryAnn said...

You'll get used to PSE, I don't print a photo now unless I've had a look at it in there!!!
And although it is complicated you don't need to use all the features (yet!!) I've had mine over 4 years and prob only use half of it :)Think I need to get your book.