Wednesday, 12 May 2010

The birthday boy

This is a heritage photo of FIL aged 11, taken at 'Brown Muffs Ltd' in Bradford in 1933, I know this because he wrote it on the back few years ago when he had this reprint done for me! I wanted to include his handwriting on the page, so I scanned the back of the photograph into the PC and printed it out on my patterned paper.
It looks like he did the journaling now! He has such beautiful copper plate handwriting, or at least he did have until Diabetes robbed him of the feeling in his hands, so now he has difficulty holding a pen at all.
This page was done for a challenge set by Ann C to include stamping, something blue and a question mark in the title. I made the blue flower using the Donna Salazar method of scrunching scallop circles, but cut mine from dress pattern tissue paper using a scallop circle punch through several layers and misting with 'Blue Corn' Maya Mist. I made a pool of glossy accents on my craft mat and quickly scrunched the flower on to it before it dries. Because the craft mat is non stick, it easily lifts off when dry. The centre of the flower is a vintage finding button and I used a Maya Road trinket pin through the shank. You can just see a strip of my new favourite thing, Japanese "Washi tape" on this page too! I love it! I ordered three reels of old book tape and one of tartan and one or red polka dots! It's great! It is washi paper, but in tape! Just like patterned masking tape. I am sure I am going to use it a whole bunch! Endless possibilities! Good old ETSY! TFLx
P.S. Happy birthday SIL yesterday!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

A fabulous layout, and thank you for the link.

Shellie said...

reat LO , you have inspired me to dig out old photos too I already have a LO of my Nan in her younger days plan so thank you
Happy Scrapping
Shellie