Monday, 24 May 2010

Well we can't complain about the weather!!

Famous last words! Another hot day again today but it is all about to get colder apparently. Like many other people, we had our first bbq of the year yesterday, dusting off the patio furniture for the new season and raiding the freezer for all sorts of yummies! I made these! (Courtesy of a recipe in the latest Sainsbury's magazine.) "Whoopies" are the latest thing apparently, but yesterday, I had trouble keeping the marshmallow frosting in place due to the heat!
I also made profiteroles with crushed raspberries and custard mixed with mascarpone, drizzled with toffee sauce!! Yummy!
Been a busy weekend, withclearing FIL's house now he is happily settled in the new home. I am certain there will be plenty more like that too! Last week of term before we break up this week, so that should be enough for the weather to take a turn for the worst, but not until after Wednesday please, as I am "off to the races" again! had a great time last year! Lost of photo's, which I condensed into one layout, including memorabilia. I wonder if I will make a start on some crafting next week in my week off? I hope so! Lol! TFLx

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Yummy! Love the sound of the profiteroles too.
Have fun at the races CC.
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

'We cant complain about the weather' - oh I think we can..lol! Its too hot, its too cold, its too dry or its too wet...he he! But who cares what the weather is like if you such yummies to scoff CC - welldone you! Hope you manage some crafting - enjoy your week off!
Sue x