Sunday, 15 August 2010

Harry - Memory Book part one

As a former Bank Manager, Harry was quite a gentleman. As we were clearing his bungalow, when he moved into the care home, I came across two fabric bank cash bags  and decided to keep them for this mini album. I used one for each cover and inserted foam board in the bags and stitched them up.
I used some Collage Press, Knave of Hearts papers that had a heritage feel along with some of the My Minds Eye Kraft card stock "Life stories" pad that I brought back from America. I had already selected and had printed some of the heritage photos I had scanned earlier, so the book was just an assembly job really.
The first page shows a baby photo and the house where he was born. I used some embellishments from K&Co handmade collection throughout the book, along with some of their self adhesive photo frames.
The next page has the family tree grid on from the 'Life Stories' paper, so I filled it in, and added photo's of his parents.

The next page shows a picture of his father as an old man and then I started with some photo's of Harry as a boy. I also added a vintage playing card to this page.

On this page some of the vintage photo frames added to his old school photo's that I blew up on the scanner. The playing card was from the K&Co pack of handmade embellishments. I will share more pages tomorrow. TFLx

3 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Lovely book CC, and I love the cover idea. Most would have just thrown away the bags, but you have found the perfect use for them.

tea_bag said...

Wow, just amazing love it all hugs alma xx

Anonymous said...

This book has a lovely vintage look to it.
Love the use of the fabric cash bags - what a find.....Mgt.x