Monday, 9 August 2010

I have been away far too long.....

Harry 1922 - 2010
so much has happened and I wont bore you all with the details, but FIL, aged 88, passed away on July 24th, when we had just started our family holiday in Florida. My father, aged 86, had an emergency appendix operation on July 25th! He has just come home from hospital today and is very weak. We returned from Florida yesterday, after missing our connecting flight in Atlanta, due to a tropical storm, where no planes were allowed to land. We therefore had to find a hotel for the night, along with a million others stranded in Atlanta due to the weather, then flew to New York and home from there as our only route! What a palaver!! So still not being on English time and now swapping my care team package from FIL to father, I foresee not a lot of crafting going on in the foreseeable future!! The good news is, I did by a few new scrapbooking goodies in the US, albeit a couple of punches and some papers for my mini album on this holiday, but I did do both "Michaels" and "Jo-ann's" craft stores justice. I could have done more had my luggage allowance been more generous! I knew it was a mistake to take clothes!!! Lol! I will tell more when I get chance, but I need to get my head around things that are happening at the mo! TFLx

7 comments:

SusieJ said...

Sorry to hear your sad news CC.
Best wishes to your Dad and sparkles and hugs to you.
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

Its lovely to see you again CC, but very sad to hear your news :(

Im sure you must be totally exhausted, but we will look forward to hearing all about Florida (and seeing your new stash!) when the time is right.

Sparkles for your Dad - lets hope he makes a speedy recovery, and big hugs for you CC!
Sue x

furrypig said...

thinking of you and hope things improve soon

jackie(worcs) said...

Hello CC, so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope you dad is up and about soon. Looking forward to hearing about your hols and stash of course! Take care,
Jackie :-) x

Hi I'm Maria... said...

sending you lots of sparkles at this sad time cc...

maria x

Sandra said...

Lovely to have you back again, and so sorry to hear about your FIL. Wishing your dad a good recovery.

Anne said...

Sorry to hear your news - sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

I look forward to seeing what you create with your new stash - when you have the time to focus on more creative pursuits.