Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Me love Pottery Barn!

When in the USA, one of the shops I was dying to visit was Pottery Barn! I think If I lived there, my house would be completely Pottery Barn! Anyway, In Florida Mall, I found a small one and had a browse! I would have loved to have brought back a tray they had on sale, but it was far too big for my suitcase!! You know how I always find things in whichever country I visit, that I just have to have???? Well I found these gorgeous file folders and I knew they would make something fabulous!
Searching on You Tube, I have previously found mini albums made from file folders. As this one was decorated, I had to make my mini album in a slightly different way so that the design remained the right way up. I wanted to have a pocket too.
I found some fab co-ordinating papers in 7Gypsies new release Conservatory, which I ordered from The Craft Emporium.
Feather

Magpie
Here is the mini album I made.


The bottom right hand section is a pocket. I have strengthened the folds with Washi tape in a bookbinding script. There are twelve sections for photo's and journaling apart from the front and back covers.

I trimmed the front cover with some vintage elements including one of my stamped and glossed Maya Road chipboard buttons. The bird was from a K&Co handmade embellishment set I bought in Florida. I also used a Broken China Distress Ink pad with cut and dry foam, to ink the edges and corners for an aged look.
TFLx

3 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

They are truly gorgeous papers Caroline! Love that file folder too.

Lisa-Jane said...

They are truly gorgeous papers Caroline! Love that file folder too.

Christina said...

love how you used that beautiful paper!
xo