Friday, 15 October 2010

Have you noticed???

The Christmas theme that is creeping up on this blog??!! I decided to make a start on my December Daily album, like the one I made last year. Although the initial idea comes from Ali Edwards, I do my own thing. I make my album ahead of time, using up items I have collected and repurposed. I like all the pages to be mixed shapes and sizes, it's a bit shabby chic! I salvaged the covers from last years diary so the basic size and shape will be identical to last years. Here are a few of the other things I collected to use!
The same usual suspects, of paper bags, old tags, plastic notebook covers, envelope and cards will contribute to this album.

Added to some large book rings, it is all ready to be covered in this years paper selection. Talking of which, I have decided to use some of my existing Christmas papers and have gone for a different theme, based on a fifties style blue!

This old K&Co glitter cardstock prompted the theme and I have tried to select various papers that have a blue theme with an odd red/pink thrown in! I also bought some K&Co Brenda Walton Christmas embellishments on sale in Florida and I will be using these too. I hope this album will be distinctive from last years. Anyone care to join me and play along? If you want to watch some video clips of last years albums, see here and here. TFLx

1 comment:

furrypig said...

I was really inspired by Ali Edwards album for 2010. I am planning on doing Shimelle's Christmas class but might mix and match a bit!