Thursday, 28 October 2010

Trick or treat gift

I made trick or treat gift bags at school card club last week, using some brown Kraft envelopes. I used some Halloween gingerbread biscuits for the goodies inside, from Sainsbury's
To make the envelope gift bag, I first stamped the envelope with some scary images - spiders, skeleton arms and claws from Mad Rat rubber stamps. Then we scored the envelope and folded as in this tutorial here . I added the gingerbread biscuits and included a copy of the allergy information from the packaging, just to be sure. To close the envelope, I added a pumpkin die cut from this Brenda Pinnick plate from Sizzix and stapled it in place.
For extra decoration, I added a "trick or treat" tag which I made on word and printed out on to orange and purple scrapbook paper through the printer, with multiple pages per sheet to make them smaller (I did 2 pages per sheet.) You can download it from here.
I attached the tag by making a hole with my Cropadile and tying it on with string. What I forgot to do was take a picture of the ones we made and my prototype is a school and now it is half term! :{ I am sure you can imagine the finished article! The You Tube video link shows some other Halloween finishes too! TFLx
Updated since we went back to school! Here is the finished article!

1 comment:

Posie Patchwork said...

They look delicious!! Love Posie