Monday, 18 October 2010

Yay for autumn crafting!!

Today I decided to have some "me" time and make a little autumn project that I have been wanting to do for a while! I ordered Tim Holtz "tattered leaves" die from Cutting Edge Crafts quite a while ago and have not even it out of the packet! i liked the inspiration on the pack, of using old book pages and so I stuck some to some thin card before I ran them through the Cuttlebug.
I then used some distress inks in various colours to give the leaves some "fall tints."
I mentioned before about some Jenni Bowlin Halloween buttons I had bought, these I threaded on to embroidery thread or baker's twine and then knotted each one separately.
Somewhere on the web, and I just cannot remember where I saw it, I made a mental note of a picture frame with various dried leaves inside it as decorations. I had the perfect frame! It already had leaf decoration imprinted in the wood!
First I removed the back and the glass, so it was literally just a frame, then I threaded some orange ribbon through the eyelets on the back as if I was going to hang it up. From these ribbons suspended across the frame, I suspended all the leaves and buttons using some fine linen string.

I love how it turned out! I wish I could credit the original inspiration!! TFLx

3 comments:

1dekorasyon said...

thank you very much for this useful home decoration related topic. my appreciation is for your nice presentation.

Sandra said...

This is just amazing .. thank you for the inspiration

misteejay said...

Your leaves are beautiful and I just love your finished project.

Toni :o)