Monday, 1 November 2010

Christmas Countdown Project 1 - Merry Christmas banner

I decided to make this Merry Christmas banner, as I seem to have collected rather a lot of chipboard shapes from my Studio Calico kits in recent times. It is hung in the craft room at the moment, but I want to hang it from the banister in the hall on a spruce garland at Christmas.
You Will Need:
Maya Mists/glimmer mists in various colours - greens/reds/iridescent
Maya Road chipboard/chippies shapes various
Green Glitter alphabet
Various ribbons and wires
"Fa-la-la" Paper offcuts
Border Cardstock Stickers - Red (Jenni Bowlin)
Masking Tape - Mistletoe (Making Memories)
Deco Pins - Mistletoe (Making Memories)
Expressions Glitter Alphabet - Limeade (Pink Paislee)
1. Arrange your chipboard shapes to make a row of houses to the number of letters you need for your banner greeting. I decided on Merry Christmas, so I needed 14 houses.

2. Using any coloured spray mists you want, spray the houses and rooves in various colours.
I used a pizza box to contain the spray paint a bit, but still managed to get it on some things!!
You can speed up the drying process with a heat gun. Glue the roof to each house using Silicone glue and allow to dry.

3. Decorate each house  in whichever way you like, adding a large sparkle letter to each house to spell out Merry Christmas.



4. Decide how you want to hang each house up, I used a variety of ribbons, string and wire, punching holes as required, using the Cropadile.
5. I hung each house from a piece of string, using an IKEA curtain clip, ready to add to my welcome garland. Pop back tomorrow for another Christmas countdown project idea. TFLx

1 comment:

jackie(worcs) said...

Love the very cute banner.
Jackie :-)