Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Christmas Countdown Project 17 - Potted plants for the front door

I saw something similar to this in Germany and thought what a nice gift to make for someone to decorate the front door to make a nice welcome. This chair sits under my front porch and it makes a great location for a pot like this.
You will need;
A plant pot or metal planter
3 miniature conifer trees
Pine cones
Glass nuggets (Florists)
Wire edged ribbon
Metal foil to emboss
Snowflake embossing folder and embossing machine
Christmas templates to draw around (I used my cookie cutters)
Ball tool and mouse mat
Wire
Spray snow
Fiskars multi snips for cutting foil

1. As yesterday I decided to use my Cuttlebug with my snowflake embossing folder to emboss a sheet of metal foil I bought in Germany.
2. Turn the embossed metal face down on a mouse mat and with the ball tool, draw around your Christmas shape and cut out. Pierce a hole at the top of each shape and thread it on a length of wire. I made seven shapes. Any odd number will do.
3. I bought three miniature conifers from the market last Saturday at £1 each, conical like small trees.
Plant all three into one pot with a gap at the centre front for other decorations. Water them in and leave outside to stand.
4. Cover the surface of the soil with the glass nuggets, then add a length of wire edged ribbon to the pot to decorate it.

5. Add the rest of your decorations by tying the tin shapes to the miniature trees and one tucked into the edge of the pot. Add the pine cones and twig balls and finish it off by spraying with the fake snow. (Maybe best to do that bit outside!! Lol!)
 A great gift to take to a house you are visiting and very reasonably priced too!
Pop by tomorrow for another crafting project in the Christmas countdown. TFLx

No comments: