Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Christmas Countdown Project 3 - Reindeer Candy Canes

This picture from the web gave me the idea to create my own candy cane reindeer. There are loads if you Google them!
This is what I came up with.
As I wanted to use what I already had, I used dew drops for the eyes and a wooden bead for the nose, but you will have to be careful if giving them to young children and alter your idea accordingly. The antlers are made from one long brown pipe cleaner. I may even add a ribbon bow to his neck with a sleigh bell on it! This is an idea for you to take and run with it! Some people even arranged them in cardboard sleighs! Have fun! Join me again tomorrow for another project. TFLx
P.S. Having recently returned from Germany, the Moose/Elk seems to have superceeded the reindeer over there, so I made mine more of a wide antler affair! I wonder why that is?? Just another 23 to make!!

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Great idea CC.
My Christmas earrings this year are Moose - a friend just got back from New England and bought them in Vermont.
Sue xx

CoventryAnn said...

What a fab idea, love them!

Jolanda said...

Love your candy cane reindeer - they are just gorgeous. I don't think they will be around for long! :)